Evolution of the wild tomato species Solanum chilense : demography and natural selection

Histoire et histoires, géographie, anecdotes, contes et coutumes

Modérateur : Espiets

Mike Lyne

Evolution of the wild tomato species Solanum chilense : demography and natural selection

Messagepar Mike Lyne » 18 oct. 2016 11:35

Intro

Note :

In this thesis I present the results of my doctoral research which I conducted from November 2010 until April 2014 in the area of evolutionary biology.

This research comprises predominantly genetic analyses of the wild tomato species Solanum chilense, but also a phenotypic experiment, and was done in collaboration with several other scientists.

The project for the genetic part was designed by Mamadou Mboup, Aurélien Tellier, Wolfgang Stephan and me. The salt stress experiment was designed by Tetyana Nosenko and me.

All of the experimental and analytical work has been done by myself except for the following : Hilde Lainer did about half of the DNA and PCR product preparation for the S. chilense sequencing, the S. chilense sequencing itself (including library preparation) was
done by the GATC Biotech AG in Konstanz, Hilde Lainer and Gaby Kumpfmüller did most of the out group sequencing, Pablo Duchén provided the PERL script to extract SNP information from the pileup file, Armin Scheben analysed the synonymous and non synonymous
polymorphism and divergence and did the McDonald - Kreitman tests for half of the candidate genes as his IRT1 (‘individual research training’) project, Paula Brücher performed the population genetic analyses of the consensus sequence data set as part of her
bachelor thesis project, Tetyana Nosenko did the phylogenetic analysis of the consensus sequence data set, and the salt stress treatment and documentation was done together with Tetyana Nosenko.

→→→ Accéder au document Evolution of the wild tomato species Solanum chilense : demography and natural selection vorgelegt von Katharina Barbara Böndel aus Rinteln (München, April 2014)

Retourner vers « Tomate et culture »